In today's Catholic Daily Roundup, top stories include new job numbers, the pope and Instagram, and Tesla releases a new car geared towards the middle class.
"When we realize that God is in love with our smallness, that he made himself small in order to better encounter us, we cannot help but open our hearts to him, and beseech him." (Pope Francis)
Today's Gospel: "It is the Lord." (John 21:7)
In the News:
- The nation’s hiring boom continued its momentum in March, with government data released Friday morning showing the economy added 215,000 jobs last month.
- The Republican-controlled Senate in Kansas passed a bill to authorize impeachment of justices if their decisions “usurp” the power of other branches.
- In the hopes it will break through to the car-buying masses, Tesla Motors unveiled their Model 3 electric car Thursday.
Pope Francis and church news:
- With a simple tap, Pope Francis joined Instagram and quickly set a record for gaining 1 million followers.
- As a sign of affection and closeness, Pope Francis has decided to send vestments used in the liturgy and a financial donation to Christian refugees in Erbil through the Catholic pastoral charity Aid to the Church in Need.
- On the same day it was announced he will co-launch Pope Francis' new widely anticipated document on Catholic family life next week, Austrian Cardinal Christoph Schönborn spoke at a Rome conference against the hardening of the heart by clergy and political leaders.
CACG would like to equip lay Catholics with the resources necessary to promote the common good in their communities. That's why we have the Catholic daily roundup. You can sign up for this short and digestible daily e-mail here.
We always appreciate your support to continue our work into 2015. Please invest in us today.