In today's Catholic Daily Roundup, top stories include a look into how millennial Catholics might vote in tomorrow's election, voting resources, where candidates stand in the polls, and what Cardinal Burke had to say about Pope Francis over the weekend.
“'A good Catholic doesn't meddle in Politics?' That's not true. That is not a good path. A good Catholic meddles in politics"--Pope Francis
Today's Mass Readings: "Do nothing out of selfishness or out of vainglory; rather, humbly regard others as more important than yourselves" (Philippians 2:3-4)
Tomorrow is Election Day:
- See what CACG's senior fellow Christopher Hale has to say about millenial Catholics voting in the midterm elections on EWTN. It begins at 6:30.
- Find out where the candidates and issues stand in the polls: POLITICO, CNN, Gallup
- And check out these resources before you vote tomorrow, American bishops' brief voting guide, and Nuns on the Bus election resources.
Pope Francis News:
- Remember the Synod? Pope Francis has called another meeting on the family focused on the idea of "complimentarity."
- Cardinal Burke has some not so nice thoughts on Pope Francis. This is what he had to say over the weekend.
- Rivalry and vainglory weaken the church: Is this Pope Francis's response?
CACG works hard to equip lay Catholics with the resources necessary to promote the common good in their communities. That's why we have the Catholic daily roundup. You can sign up for this short and digestible daily e-mail here
We always appreciate your support. Invest in us today so we can continue to spread the social mission of our Church through 2014-2015.