In today's daily Catholic roundup, top stories include the Republican takeover of the United States Senate, what went wrong with the Democrats and what role religion plays in American politics.
"Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person"-- Mother Teresa
Today's Mass Readings: "I rejoice and share my joy with all of you. In the same way you also should rejoice and share your joy with me" (Philippians 2:17-18)
- The GOP took over the majority in the Senate last night, along with winning a significant number of gubernatorial races
- Which direction will the GOP go after its big win?
- And finally here are some thoughts on what's to come for the Democratic party
- Want a breakdown of the role religion played in the midterm elections yesterday?
Pope Francis News:
- Some conservatives are crying schism under Pope Francis, here's a look at if it could actually happen.
- And Pope Francis speaks to the general audience today about a church that is not united around its bishops.
CACG would like to equip lay Catholics with the resources necessary to promote the common good in their communities. That's why we have the Catholic daily roundup. You can sign up for this short and digestible daily e-mail here.
We always appreciate your support. Invest in us today so we can continue to spread the social mission of our Church through 2014-2015.